Rates and Benefits
As well as actively supporting modernist studies in the UK, new and renewing members will receive:
- A print subscription to Modernist Cultures, which is published four times a year (if that option is selected)
- Online access to Modernist Cultures
- Free or reduced access to all BAMS events, including postgraduate training days, conferences and the ‘New Work in Modernist Studies’ graduate symposia
- Access to members-only content on the BAMS website, including training resources and publisher discounts
- Eligibility for entry to the new BAMS essay prize for early-career researchers
Memberships are available on two levels:
- Standard (waged) rate of £51 per annum
- Student and unwaged rate of £41 per annum
We also offer two further levels of membership with an online-only year’s subscription to Modernist Cultures. Members choosing these online-only rates will not receive print copies of the journal but will be eligible for all the other benefits of full membership:
- Online-only standard (waged) rate of £35.50 per annum
- Online-only student and unwaged rate of £30.50 per annum
Become a Member online
To join BAMS, please go to our Society Page at Edinburgh University Press
For all membership enquiries please write to email@example.com
The membership term runs with the calendar year (1 January – 31 December).
A note on pricing
Modernist Cultures publishes four issues a year. The editors explain that the journal has gone from strength to strength and receives large numbers of very good submissions.
There is no differential pricing in BAMS; we are keen to encourage membership from around the world. Our aim is to keep the price of online only memberships as low as possible to ensure that BAMS membership remains within reach of as many people as possible. However, BAMS receives significantly less income from online only memberships, and we continue to reflect on how this affects the amount of money we have available to support modernist scholarship, and postgraduates in particular.