Rates and Benefits
Since July 2014 we have been operating a transitional membership structure in order to move to a single start-of-year renewal date for all memberships, which will begin on 1 January 2016. Under the transitional terms all memberships will be valid from the date of purchase until 31 December 2015.
As well as actively supporting modernist studies in the UK, new and renewing members will receive:
- A print subscription to Modernist Cultures (now published three times a year) from the date of joining to 31 December 2015. Members joining before Monday 16 February will receive all three 2015 issues
- Online access to Modernist Cultures from the date of joining to 31 December 2015
- Free or reduced access to all BAMS events including postgraduate training days, conferences, and the ‘New Work in Modernist Studies’ graduate symposia
- Access to members-only content, including training resources and publisher discounts
- Eligibility for entry to the new BAMS essay prize for early career researchers
Memberships are available on two levels with additional rates for international members:
- Standard (waged) rate of £45 per annum
- Student (unwaged) rate of £32 per annum
- International standard rate of £55 per annum
- International student rate of £45 per annum
We also offer two further levels of membership with an online-only year’s subscription to Modernist Cultures. Members choosing these online-only rates will not receive print copies of the journal but will be eligible for all the other benefits of full membership:
- Online-only standard (waged) rate of £28 per annum
- Online-only student (unwaged) rate of £23 per annum
Become a Member Online
The easiest way to join BAMS is via PayPal. Click on the appropriate button to be directed to a secure payment page. You do not need a PayPal account to process this order.
Become a Member by Post
Alternatively, you can print and complete the postal membership form available below, and follow the instructions for sending a cheque to the BAMS Treasurer.
BAMS Paper Registration Form-July 2014 (Word doc)
For all membership enquiries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org