Dear BAMS member,
I am writing to you to explain the changes to membership that the BAMS executive committee have, after much discussion, agreed to implement. In order to further develop BAMS we believe that some form of membership fee is desirable. This is in order for BAMS to more fully support the kinds of activities that we believe are important for the future success of the organisation. These include bursaries for postgraduate attendance at conferences; website development and admin; and underwriting future conference/seminars. After consulting widely it appears that there is general agreement that BAMS members would be willing to make a contribution to help develop modernism in the UK.
Therefore the Executive have agreed to implement the following membership charges:
- Standard (waged) rate of £30 per annum and £25 for students/unwaged.
The benefits of becoming a full member of BAMS will include the following:
- Subscription to the cutting-edge journal Modernist Cultures, published by EUP. This represents a discount on the normal price for the journal.
- Free or reduced access to all BAMS events (e.g. postgrad training days; conferences etc).
- publisher discounts (to be announced).
- full access to all areas of the new website (e.g. jiscmail; additional papers; reviews etc).
The other social media (facebook and Twitter) websites for BAMS will continue to be available without charge.
Our hope is that members will feel not only that they get something from being a BAMS member, but also that they are actively supporting the development of modernism here.
For an application form download here BAMS Membership letter June 12-2
Chair, BAMS Executive