EXTENDED DEADLINE UNTIL APRIL 15
2nd International Conference of the University of Banja Luka (BiH) in cooperation with Institute of English Studies, University of London (UK)
CELLS – CONFERENCE ON ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERARY STUDIES
Present-day Perspectives on Language, Literature and Culture.
Banja Luka, June 12th and 13th, 2015
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Department of English, at the Faculty of Philology, University of Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and the Institute of English Studies, School of Advanced Study, University of London (United Kingdom) are pleased to announce second conference on English language and literary studies CELLS: Remaking Tradition: Present-day Perspectives on Language, Literature and Culture.
The aim of the conference is to provide an international forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences across the fields of English language and literary studies, with particular emphasis on cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary issues raised in the fields of literature, culture, linguistics, translation studies and applied linguistics. Topics might include (but are not limited to):
- the study of globalisation, acculturation and migration in contemporary studies of language, literature and culture;
- juxtaposition and interdependence of tradition and contemporariness in ideology, tradition, customs, norms, routines, etc.;
- literature and economics/the economy;
- tradition in translation studies: mediating between source and target language cultures and languages;
- the place of mono/plurilingualism in contemporary approaches to the study of language, literature and culture;
- rewriting of basic postulates in approaches to foreign language teaching.
The official language of the conference is English.
– Wim Van Mierlo (Acting Director of Institute of English Studies, School of Advanced Study, University of London, UK)
– John Frederick Bailyn (Professor and Doctoral Program Director at Stony Brook University, New York, USA and Director of SUNY Russia Programs Network)
Guest Lecturer to celebrate the 21st anniversary of the Department of English:
– Dijana Jelača (Adjunct Assistant Professor at St. John’s University, New York, USA)
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Please send an abstract of up to 300 words (MS Word 2003-2007) to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts should be anonymous containing only the name of the paper, the body of the abstract and references.
Please send the following information in the body of the e-mail:
- Title of the paper
- Name of the author(s)
- Affiliation of the author (s)
- Key words
- E-mail address
- Bio note (no more than 100 words)
20th April, 2015 Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
30thApril, 2015 Notification of Acceptance
5th May, 2015 Registration
The conference fee is 60 Euros. The fee includes:
- conference pack
- conference break refreshments (lunch, snacks and beverages)
- conference dinner
- publication of selected papers in the conference proceedings
Accommodation can be arranged by the organisers upon request.
All the details and important information can be found at the conference website.
www.cellsbl.com (active from January 25th, 2015)
A selection of papers will be published after the conference.
We look forward to your proposals.
Dr Željka Babić, University of Banja Luka, BiH
Dr Wim Van Mierlo, University of London, UK
Dr Tatjana Bijelić, University of Banja Luka,BiH
Dr Petar Penda, University of Banja Luka, BiH