New British Library PhD Placement Scheme
A Call for Applications for PhD placements at the British Library is now open. We are really excited to be able to make 17 specially-selected placement opportunities available under this Call, based in areas such as Research Engagement, Corporate Affairs and Digital Scholarship, as well as across the Library’s specialist curatorial teams. These projects will appeal to researchers working across a wide range of disciplines/subject areas. All placement projects have appropriate training, supervision and support, as well as significant ownership responsibilities and opportunities for professional and personal development.
Full application guidelines, including profiles of all current placement opportunities, can be found on the BL website. The application deadline is 19 February 2016.
- This scheme is open to all doctoral researchers, as long as they have the support of their supervisor and their Graduate Tutor (or equivalent).
- International students are eligible if they have the right to study in the UK.
- The minimum duration of the placements is 3 months (or PT equivalent).
- Interviews to be held in March-April 2016.
- It is anticipated that the placements will be held during the 12 month period from June 2016-May 2017 – with exact start dates to be agreed with the successful candidate once appointed.
The Library is unfortunately not able to provide payment to placement students. We strongly recommends to HEIs that a PhD student given approval to undertake a placement is in receipt of a stipend – to a level at least equivalent to the RCUK national minimum doctoral stipend – for the duration of the placement.
Contact Research.Development@bl.uk for all queries or to be added to our mailing list.