Registration is now open for New Work in Modernist Studies 2017, held this year at the University of Leeds on Friday 15th December. To register, please follow this link: http://store.leeds.ac.uk/product-catalogue/faculty-of-arts/new-work-in-modernist-studies-2017
About the conference
NWiMS 2017 will be the seventh one-day graduate conference in modernist studies held in conjunction with the London Modernism Seminar, Modernist Network Cymru (MONC), the Scottish Network of Modernist Studies, the Northern Modernism Seminar, and the British Association for Modernist Studies (BAMS). As in previous years, this conference will take the form of an interdisciplinary programme reflecting the full diversity of current graduate work in modernist studies; it encourages contributions both from those already involved in the existing networks and from students new to modernist students who are eager to share their work. The full programme will be announced soon, and will include a keynote lecture by Dr Hope Wolf, University of Sussex.
There is a conference registration fee of £15 for BAMS members and £25 for non-BAMS members, including lunch, coffee and a wine reception at the end of the day. Membership of BAMS will entitle you to discounted rate for NWiMS 2017 (current members will also qualify for the discount). Memberships cost £50 (£40 student rate) per annum (including hard copies of Modernist Cultures) and £35 (£30 student rate) per annum (online access to the journal only).As well as the discounted rate for NWiMS, new and renewing members of BAMs will receive:
• A print subscription to Modernist Cultures which is published four times a year
• Online access to Modernist Cultures
• Free or reduced access to all BAMS events including postgraduate training days, conferences, and the ‘New Work in Modernist Studies’ graduate symposia
• Access to members-only content on the BAMS website, including training resources and publisher discounts
• Eligibility for entry to the BAMS essay prize for early career researchers
Please contact Ruth, Anne, and Jivitesh at NWiMS2017@gmail.com if you have any questions about the conference.