Non-canonical British literature: 1890-1945
Abstracts by 15 April – DEADLINE EXTENDED
Papers due 30 August 2020
We are working on an edited book on non-canonical English literature between 1890 and 1945 to be published by a UK publisher. The provisional title of the book is Non-canonical British Literature: 1890-1945, and topics might include (but are not limited to):
- theoretical background of non-canonicity;
- studying individual non-canonical writers and their work(s);
- reasons for exclusion from the canon;
- shift from non-canonical to canonical;
- the role of power, ideology and religion in exclusion from the canon;
- conventionality and tradition;
- reception studies;
- sexuality, violence and censorship.
Please send an abstract as a word document of 300 words with a short bio note of 100 words to Petar Penda (email@example.com) and to Tatjana Bijelic (firstname.lastname@example.org) Abstract submission is due to March 30th 2020 and paper submission (5000 – 7000 words) is due to August 30th 2020.