Re-mapping Modernism(s): Transnational and Interdisciplinary Approaches
11:30 am, Friday May 30th
15, Woodland Road
The postgraduate members of the Transnational Modernisms Research Cluster will be holding a series of short talks, followed by a round-table, on the disciplinary and cultural challenges in defining “modernism”. Papers will be offered from literature, music, and the visual arts and will include the following topics:
– The Musicological Discourse on Modernism
– Leopoldo María Panero and Spanish Modernity
– Modernism as Seen Through Greek Sculpture
– Cinematic Modernism and Holocaust Representations
– Transnational Modernism/Transnational Capitalism
The round-table, chaired by Dr Angela Piccini, will look to involve audience members as well as speakers in a lively inter-disciplinary discussion.
All are welcome. A buffet lunch will be provided.