Katherine Mansfield Studies, the annual peer-reviewed yearbook of the Katherine Mansfield Society, published by Edinburgh University Press, is looking to appoint a postgraduate as its next editorial assistant, following in the footsteps of Louise Edensor, who has done a fantastic job over the past three years. Details are as follows:
1. The post will be for two years initially, with a third year possible.
2. There is no remuneration, but we offer editorial experience in a prestigious annual publication.
3. Duties include coordinating communication with contributors; maintaining a spreadsheet of submissions/decisions; maintaining the production schedule; collating and editing the Notes on Contributors as well as the acknowledgements; etc.
4. Some co-editing of submissions would be welcomed after training in our house style.
5. The Editorial Assistant’s name will appear on the title page of the volume.
6. Location is not an issue, since everything is done electronically. However, swift responses are essential during the main period of production: September – December.
7. Submissions for this postgraduate position will only be considered from members of the Katherine Mansfield Society. Details regarding membership can be found here: http://www.katherinemansfieldsociety.org
Please email a one page resumé to the co-editors, Dr Gerri Kimber and Professor Todd Martin, stating why you would like to be considered for the position, to
email@example.com by 31 January 2016.